The Research Room only accepts payment
by check or credit card.
Research Room Hours
The Research Room will be closed for the observance of Veterans Day on Nov 10. For Thanksgiving, it will close at noon, Nov 22 and be closed on Nov 23.
Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. - noon & 1 - 4:30 p.m.
Closed Saturday, Sunday, and Federal holidays
Your Research Visit
Researchers do not need to
purchase an admission ticket
unless visiting the Museum.
You are encouraged to contact the Library via email or telephone (214-346-1557) before making a research visit, so staff may be better prepared to assist you. When you arrive at the Library, enter at the main entrance and report to the Admissions Desk. A clerk will notify an archivist who will help you begin your research.
- Anyone can use the Research Room; you do not need to be an American citizen or present credentials or a letter of recommendation.
- Regulations for using the National Archives.
- You must be 14 years old to do research, unless you receive special permission or are accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- New researchers are issued a researcher identification card. You must have a valid photo ID to obtain a researcher ID card.
- New researchers are required to view an orientation presentation before working with any records.
- Use the Finding Aids to view open records currently available for research.
Research Room Fees
Only checks and credit cards accepted.
- Self-Service Photocopies (standard size) - 25¢ per page
- Self-Service Photocopies (oversize) - 50¢ per page
- Photocopy orders completed by NARA Staff - 80¢ per page
- CD of images from digital camera - $5 per CD
President George W. Bush runs with U.S. Army Staff Sergeant Christian Bagge of Eugene, Oregon, on the South Lawn, June 27, 2006. President Bush met Sgt. Bagge at Brooke Army Medical Center January 1, 2006, where he promised to run with Sgt. Bagge after the soldier's recovery.
Courtesy George W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum. (P062706ED-0139)
The Library and Museum is a Federal agency; weapons are not allowed in the building. Upon entry, all visitors must pass through a security check with a metal detector. All bags are X-rayed, and possibly, searched by security staff. All weapons will be confiscated by security staff and not returned. This includes guns, knives, multipurpose tools, stun-guns, and any other items considered as less-than lethal weapons.
All bags are X-rayed and potentially searched by security staff. Inform the security staff that you are conducting research so your bag may be stowed in a locker in the Researcher Orientation Room. To enter the Research Room, all bags must be stowed in a locker.
George W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum
2943 SMU Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75205
General Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Top of Page