President George W. Bush runs with U.S. Army Staff Sergeant Christian Bagge of Eugene, Oregon, on the South Lawn, June 27, 2006. President Bush met Sgt. Bagge at Brooke Army Medical Center January 1, 2006, where he promised to run with Sgt. Bagge after the soldier's recovery.
Courtesy George W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum. (P062706ED-0139)
!!!ATTENTION!!! Beginning May 19th, 2014 until August 3rd, 2014, Bush Avenue - located on the west side of the Library and Museum - will be closed to traffic. Please use SMU Boulevard for parking and entry. Thank you for your understanding.
Thank you for your interest in visiting the George W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum! As the 13th Presidential Library administered by the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA), a Federal agency and the Nation's official record keeper, this Library archives the textual, audiovisual, and electronic Presidential records highlighting critical events and issues from the Administration of President George W. Bush.
We strongly encourage researchers to contact the Library before making a research visit.
Research Room Hours
- 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 - 4:30 p.m., Monday - Friday
- Closed Saturday, Sunday, and Federal holidays.
Your Research Visit
The Library and Museum is a Federal agency and weapons are not allowed in the building. All visitors entering the Library and Museum must pass through a security check with a metal detector. All bags will be x-rayed and possibly searched by security staff. Any weapons will be confiscated by security staff and not returned. This includes ALL guns, ALL knives, to include locking and non-locking blades, pocket knives of any length, ©Swiss Army Knives, Gerber® Knives and Leatherman® or any other multipurpose tools, stun-guns, and any other items considered as less-than lethal weapons.
- Anyone can use the Research Room. You do not need to be an American citizen or to present credentials or a letter of recommendation. (Read about Regulations for Using the National Archives.)
- You need to be 14-years-old to do research, unless you receive special permission or are accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- At the beginning of a research visit, you will be issued a researcher identification card. You must have a valid photo ID to obtain a researcher ID card.
- All new researchers at the Library will view an orientation presentation before working with records. The presentation will help you understand your role in safeguarding and preserving our records and explain our reference rules and procedures. (The PowerPoint orientation presentation is available to preview online.)
- View the Finding Aids for our records currently available for research at the Library.
We look forward to your visit!
Top of Page
Research Room Fees
- Self-Service Photocopies (standard size) - 25¢ per page
- Self-Service Photocopies (oversize) - 50¢ per page
- Photocopy orders completed by NARA Staff - 80¢ per page
- CD of images from digital camera - $5.00 per CD
Directions and Parking
Parking is available, on a first-come, first-served basis, in the Library and Museum's public lot. Visitors will be charged $7 per vehicle, and payment may be by credit or debit card upon exit from the lot or at the admissions desk. Please consider mass transit. View the Directions and Parking page for directions, maps, transit information, and more details.
When you arrive at the Library, please enter at the main entrance and report to the admissions desk. A clerk will notify an archivist who will help you get started with your research.
Please contact us with any additional questions or to schedule a visit:
George W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum
2943 SMU Boulevard
Dallas, TX 75205
Photo & Video Galleries – These galleries feature a few select documents, photographs, videos, and artifacts found among the Library and Museum's holdings from the Administration of President George W. Bush.
Top of Page