President George W. Bush with Bono after the musician spoke on February 2, 2006, during the National Prayer Breakfast. President Bush called the rock star a "doer" and a "good citizen of the world."
Courtesy George W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum. (P020206PM-0095)
George W. Bush
- Archived White House Website - The White House website was "frozen in time" on the last day of President Bush's term in office. It provides access to press releases, speeches, news briefs, image galleries, policy information, and children's resources from the Bush Administration.
- Public Papers of the President: George W. Bush - The digital version of Public Papers of the Presidents of the United States, from the Government Printing Office series, includes the public papers and speeches.
- Executive Orders of President George W. Bush - The complete collection of executive orders signed by President George W. Bush.
- George W. Bush Gubernatorial Collection - The finding aid for the George W. Bush Gubernatorial Collection previously housed at the Texas State Library and Archives. It is now housed at the Library and Museum, as well as information on requesting those records.
- The American Presidency Project - An initiative of the University of California - Santa Barbara, which has compiled over 88,000 documents related to the study of the Presidency, including proclamations, public addresses, executive orders, and more.
- The Miller Center of Public Affairs - The University of Virginia's Miller Center of Public Affairs includes American President: An Online Reference Resource, a collection featuring biographies, essays, speeches, photographs, oral histories, and videos about Presidential administrations.
- Federal Digital System (FDSYS), Government Printing Office - Online access to official Federal resources from all three branches of the Federal Government published by the U.S. Government Printing Office.
- THOMAS, Library of Congress - Contains Federal legislative information such as bills and resolutions, schedules and calendars, and the Congressional Record.
- White House Historical Association - This association strives to enhance the understanding, appreciation, and enjoyment of the White House.
- National First Ladies Library - Dedicated to educating people about the contributions of First Ladies and other women in history; includes biographies, manuscripts, lesson plans, multimedia resources, bibliographies, timelines, and other resources.
National Archives and Records Administration
- The National Archives Catalog (NAC) - An online public portal created by the National Archives and Records Administration that contains descriptions of archival holdings, born-digital records, and digitized records held by the National Archives.
The NAC contains collection and series descriptions for records housed at the George W. Bush Presidential Library. Additionally, documents, photos, and other records held by the Library are hosted through the catalog. The Digital Library links directly to specific digitized content available in the NAC. The NAC can be searched for George W. Bush records and records descriptions; search results can be filtered by location.
- Presidential Libraries - Information about all Presidential Libraries administered by NARA.
- The Center for Legislative Archives - A part of NARA, the Center for Legislative Archive preserves and makes available the records of the U.S. House of Representatives and the U.S. Senate.
- Founders Online - Historical documents of the Founders of the United States of America.
- DocsTeach - The online tool for teaching with documents from the National Archives. Access thousands of primary sources spanning the course of American history. Borrow from an ever-expanding collection of document-based activities or create your own activities using these online tools.
- NARA Online Exhibits - A treasure of documents and materials drawn from NARA holdings, exhibits include "Every Four Years: Electing a President," "Running for Office: Candidates, Campaigns and the Cartoons of Clifford Berryman," "Dear Bess: Love Letters from the President," "Tokens and Treasures: Gifts to Twelve Presidents," "The Watergate Files," and several others.
- Our Documents: The 100 Milestone Documents - Highlights the 100 Milestone Documents in American history from 1776-1965. It contains background information as well.
- Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) - Information about FOIA as well as guidelines on how to request records.
Top of Page