Advice for Visitors
During your visit, if you have questions or need assistance, please ask the docents (they wear navy blazers and gray slacks).
The Library and Museum is a Federal agency and weapons are NOT allowed in the building. Upon entry, all visitors must pass through a security check with a metal detector. All bags will be x-rayed and possibly searched by security staff. Any weapons will be confiscated by security staff and not returned. This includes all guns, all knives (including locking and non-locking blades, pocket knives of any size, ©Swiss Army Knives, Gerber® Knives and Leatherman®), multipurpose tools, stun-guns, and any other items considered as less-than lethal weapons.
- The Library and Museum is located inside the Presidential Center on the campus of Southern Methodist University (SMU).
- A public lot is located north of the Presidential Center. Parking is $7 per vehicle, payment made be by credit or debit card at the Admissions Desk or upon exit from the lot.
- View the Directions and Parking page for directions, maps, DART information, and more details.
Visitors may take photographs, but flash photography is prohibited. Please ask the docents if there are restrictions on photography in the special exhibits.
Handheld audio guides are included in admission. Check out the Presidential Center’s Mobile App prior to visiting the Museum. The app provides information about the Museum galleries and films, video and audio tours, and other features.
Food and beverages are prohibited in the Museum (including candy, gum, and water bottles).
The Presidential Center's Cafe 43 offers a full service restaurant featuring seasonal, locally-sourced menus (reservations recommended; www.bushcenter.org/cafe43 or call 214-200-4302). Hours: 11:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m., Saturday-Sunday
The quick service Bistro, located in the courtyard offers snacks and casual fare. Hours: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday - Saturday and 12:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m., Sunday.
SMU and our surrounding areas also have quite a few dining options.
Overnight accommodations are within walking distance and several national hotel chains are short drives from the Presidential Center.
The Presidential Center Museum Store offers memorabilia, apparel, and gifts. For questions call 214-200-4304.
For information about scheduling Group Visits or Planning a Field Trip please contact Visitor Services.
Museum and Education Programs
For information about education and Museum programs, see Classroom Resources and News and Events.
- The Museum is fully accessible according to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Wheelchairs are available free of charge on a first-come, first-served basis. Please ask a docent for assistance.
- Wheelchairs cannot leave the Museum's secure area; they cannot be taken to Cafe 43, the Museum Store, to the street for pick-up or drop-off or to the Freedom Plaza fountain.
Video presentations are closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.
- Only animals defined by the ADA as Service Animals are allowed into the Museum; NO pets please.
- Motorized scooters are allowed.
Contacting Visitor Services
Please contact Visitor Service with questions.
Visitor Services Coordinator
George W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum
2943 SMU Boulevard
Dallas, TX 75205
Top of Page