For questions or assistance, please ask a Docent (wearing navy blazers and gray pants).
- Weekday afternoons are the least crowded.
- Allow approximately 1 ½ hours minimum to tour the Museum.
- Upon arrival, be prepared for Security Check, then go directly to the Admissions Desk. A clerk will help you get started with your visit.
Please note the following information to make your experience safe and enjoyable:
The Library and Museum is a Federal agency and weapons are not allowed in the building. Upon entry, all visitors must pass through a security check with a metal detector.
All bags (including, but not limited to handbags, backpacks, satchels, totes, camera bags, briefcases, and travel bags) will be x-rayed and possibly searched by security staff. All bags larger than 19" tall by 10" wide by 9" deep require check-in to the coat room (please ask a Docent for assistance).
Any weapons will be confiscated by security staff and not returned. This includes all guns, all knives (including locking and non-locking blades, pocket knives of any size, ©Swiss Army Knives, Gerber® Knives and Leatherman®), multipurpose tools, stun-guns, and any other items considered as less-than lethal weapons.
- The Library and Museum is located inside the Presidential Center on the campus of Southern Methodist University (SMU).
- A public lot is located north of the Presidential Center. Parking is $7 per vehicle, payment may be made by credit or debit card at the Admissions Desk or upon exit from the lot.
- See Directions and Parking for maps, DART information, and more helpful tips.
Flash photography is prohibited. Please ask a Docent if there are photography restrictions in the special exhibits.
Handheld audio guides are included in admission. Check out the Presidential Center’s Mobile App prior to visiting the Museum. The app includes information about the Museum galleries, films, video and audio tours, and more features.
Chaperones must remain with younger visitors when in the exhibit galleries, classroom, café and courtyard, and Museum Store as well as when on the Presidential Center grounds.
The Presidential Center Museum Store offers memorabilia, apparel, and gifts. For questions call 214-200-4304.
See News and Events and Classroom Resources for information about special Library and Museum programming.
- The Museum is fully accessible according to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Wheelchairs are available free of charge on a first-come, first-served basis. Please ask a Docent for assistance.
- Wheelchairs cannot leave the Museum's secure area; they cannot be taken to Cafe 43, the Museum Store, to the street for pick-up or drop-off or to the Freedom Plaza fountain.
Video presentations are closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.
- Only animals defined by the ADA as Service Animals are allowed into the Museum; no pets please.
- Motorized scooters are allowed.
Contacting Visitor Services
Please contact Visitor Services with additional questions:
Visitor Services Coordinator
George W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum
2943 SMU Boulevard
Dallas, TX 75205
Top of Page