- Experience the interactive Decision Points Theater that takes visitors "inside" the President’s decision-making process during major crises.
- See steel from the World Trade Center, a full-sized replica Oval Office with a Resolute Desk, and a Texas Rose Garden.
- At 67 feet tall, Freedom Hall encases a one-of-a-kind, 360-degree, high definition video wall that orients visitors and depicts a montage of the 44 U.S. Presidents.
- Take a walk through the 15-acre urban park filled with native Texas prairie grasses and wildflowers.
- D Magazine nominated the Museum as one of the "Best of Big D 2015."
Steel from the World Trade Center, New York City, September 11, 2001.
Courtesy George W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum.
9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday - Saturday
12:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m., Sunday
Closed Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Years Day
- The Library and Museum is located inside the Presidential Center on the campus of Southern Methodist University (SMU).
- Upon arrival, be prepared for Security Check, then go directly to the Admissions Desk. A clerk will help you get started with your visit.
- Weekday afternoons are the least crowded.
- Allow approximately 1 ½ hours minimum to tour the Museum.
Please note the following information to make your Museum experience safe and enjoyable.
Security: The Library and Museum is a Federal agency and weapons are NOT allowed in the building. Upon entry, all visitors must pass through a security check with a metal detector. All bags will be x-rayed and possibly searched by security staff. Any weapons will be confiscated by security staff and not returned. This includes all guns, all knives (including locking and non-locking blades, pocket knives of any size, ©Swiss Army Knives, Gerber® Knives and Leatherman®), multipurpose tools, stun-guns, and any other items considered as less-than lethal weapons.
- Chaperones must remain with younger visitors at all times when in the exhibit galleries, classroom, café and courtyard, and Museum Store as well as when on the Presidential Center grounds.
- Food and beverages are prohibited in the Museum (including candy, gum, and water bottles).
- Use care with exhibits, do not use them in a manner for which they were not intended.
- Visitors may take photographs, but flash photography is prohibited. Please ask the docents if there are restrictions on photography in the special exhibits.
During your visit, if you have questions or need assistance, please ask the docents (they wear navy blazers and gray slacks). View the Visitors' Frequently Asked Questions page for information about accommodations, dining, group tours, the Museum Store, accessibility, and more. We look forward to your visit!
Contacting Visitor Services
Please contact Visitor Services to schedule a group visit or school field trip or if you have questions.
Visitor Services Coordinator
George W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum
2943 SMU Boulevard
Dallas, TX 75205
Top of Page